Competence Centre Technical Textilesc/o ITV Denkendorf
ContactDr. Thomas Stegmaier
Phone: +49 711 9340-0
Fax: +49 711 9340-297
The Competence Centre Technical Textiles was founded at the ITV (Institute for Textile Research and Process Engineering) Denkendorf in order to accelerate progress in research and cooperation possibilities, above all for small and medium-sized companies in the field of technical textiles. The special-field authorities at the Institute stand in close cooperation with complementary research facilities in and out of universities such as lightweight construction, fibre reinforced materials, ceramic lining, plasma technology as well as bionics.
The Competence Centre is established as a contact point for textile enterprises and users of high tech textiles, which are looking for new materials or want to push forward innovative developments. The Competence Centre Technical Textiles can supply comprehensive support, e.g.
- Development and application of new products and processes as well as improved functions of textiles
- Development of new products bilateral or in association with competent partners
- Research in special functional mechanism (like heat/moisture/liquid transport, filtration, sound absorption, fire retardant, self cleaning) as a good base for innovations
- Development and make available of special test procedures
- Manufacturing of samples and pilot products